Tuesday, September 8, 2009

74-Friday, 75-Saturday, 76-Sunday, 77-Labour Day, 78-Tuesday


One last look at summer. Labour Day weekend is the kiss goodbye. I am saddened by the fact that I swam in the ocean once. I barely got a flip flop tan, and when I did, it was in May. I didn't get as much done outside as I wanted. Summer slipped by too quickly leaving me wanting more. I have a feeling it's going to be a long, long winter.


Here comes Fall. Can't you just feel the crispness in the air in this photo? The breezy tree, the blue sky with a chilly shadow from the sun? I do love Autumn, I just don't feel ready quite yet.


This photo reminds me simple times. It's the tone of the photo, sepia makes anything seem older. (It may also have to do with the 'rustic' shed with the bowling ball hole and falling off doors). It makes me feel old and young at the same time. I was reminded of simpler times when I visited Avery's Farmer's Market. The smell that hits you when you walk through the doors reminded me of when I was a child and we used to visit the 'fruit stand' and get apples and pears, potatoes and cucumbers in the beginning of Fall. For under $7 I got potatoes, spinach, yellow beans, green beans, and corn on the cob. It's amazing, it's true homey feel and the smell. It's not your Halifax Farmer's Market on Saturday morning where people haven't showered and the stale smell of beer lingers in the air. It's earth and vegetables, clean air and freshness. It's great. Officially added to the list of favorite smells with almond extract, apple pie, the beach, and vanilla.




Artsy shot of Ryan's 12-string. I spent much of my Labour Day watching a Time Life 5 disc documentary about the history of rock 'n roll. Pretty interesting stuff. I realized I like songs by certain bands, not bands in general. Being asked what is your favorite band(s)? Is difficult for me to answer. I like Hanson. I like Better than Ezra and Ben Harper. I like Bob Marley, Buckcherry and Kings of Leon. Other than that... I just like songs.








This pretty kitty came to visit today. It wouldn't leave. It's eyes were the color of warm tropical waters. Not quite green, not quite blue. Hours later it disappeared. I hope it has a home, Molly didn't like it, she hissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment