Tuesday, June 23, 2009

1- Rock Lobster?



McDonald's had an announcement to make. As soon as I saw it, a smile crept on my face. I don't even like lobster. McLobster means McSummer and that is something I spend 10 1/2 months thinking about.

When you work at a school, summer provides a much needed break to clean and sort, and plan for another year. Summer allows for space to sit back and think. Relax put yourself first, if only for a day. During the summer, you no longer have to take things day by day. Day by day summer is different than day by day school year. In the summer you decide day by day whether you will go to the beach, cook inside or outside. Take a road trip or hike.

Summer lets you open the windows, let in the breeze. Summer lets you stay up later. Spend days at the beach, walks along the water. Explore new places, return to old favorites. Summer is a time to try new things.

The day planner's summer months are quickly filling up. Summer means no pressure, I'll do what I can and feel like. I'll take it day by day. I don't want summer to sneak away like it sometimes does. Maybe this summer I'll try the McLobster. If not, I'll treat someone else!

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to make a rock art and call it Rock Lobster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have definately tried... it's harder than it looks :)

    ReplyDelete