Sunday, June 28, 2009

5- More than meets the eye

Last night (3 days into my project and the last two blogs have been a day late... guh) Tom Selleck and I went to Transformers. Opening weekend, it sure was a feat. We went at 6:45 for the 8:00 showing. Sold out. We got tickets for the next showing which sadly wasn't until 9:45. We leave and come back at 9:00 to be sure to leave lots of time for popcorn and decent seating. There was already a line of at least 50 people waiting to get in. Of course we were earlier enough that it all working out, but those poor people who didn't know to come earlier, man.

I was amazed and disappointed at how many children were under the PG13 age recommendation. I would even understand children between 10 and 13, but there were 6 or 7 year olds there. There was even one that could not be any older than 4. The movie didn't start until 9:45. It's a 2 and 3/4 hour movie. We left the theatre at 12:25, along with the 4 year olds. Not only was I disappointed in the fact that these children were leaving after midnight, when really they should probably been in bed before the movie even started. I was also disappointed in the children being exposed to all the sexual innuendos (there were a lot of testicle jokes... I mean A LOT), the language, substance abuse, etc. It was a very long movie, very late at night for children who don't understand the adult subject matter. I feel like a Showcase Network warning message. Seth MacFarlane would make fun of me right now.

The movie wasn't my favorite. I can only watch metal on metal fight scenes for so long and they just kept going!!!!! However I see the appeal, and Tom enjoyed himself. I would recommend it to people who enjoy action and comedy and remember Transformers the cartoon from their childhood. I would not recommend it for children under the age of 10 especially the 9:45 showing-- it's a long one!



As I took a photo of the movie poster after the movie I was mocked (somewhat by a 12 year old) "Awww dad did you bring YOUR camera." Yes kid I loved the movie so much I took a photo of the poster, this is the first time I've felt awkward taking my photo a day!

1 comment:

  1. i think i'm going to get suckered into the Imax Experience today and am not looking forward to it. what i liked most about the first one was the humans and CARS not robots...and from what i hear this one is even more robot fun. plus that's a loooong movie. i laughed at the kid that made fun :)

    ReplyDelete