Saturday, June 27, 2009

4- Summer days by the lake

Yesterday was my last day of work for summer vacation (throw your hands up in the air). Wanting to help me kick off my vacation Mr. Baseball (otherwise known as Tom Selleck and how I will refer the other significant male in my life) decided to take me on a walk to a lake nearby. Wearing shorts, and flats I was not prepared to trudge through the wilderness for a lake he didn't even know existed or not.

The weeds and grass were at least hip high. The ground was thick with mud and snake spit covered grass. Prickle bushes were everywhere and I was encouraged to just keep going, it was just past that tree, or just around that bush. FINALLY, we come to a top of a steep hill, that could have dropped into a lake but I was not willing to die on my first day of vacation so this is where our adventure ended.

If you look closely you will see the lake through the trees (or at least that is what I was told- so the whole disaster of a hike wasn't a complete waste of time). Whether or not there is actually a lake there, I may never know, but if this is a preview of what's to come... my summer may be full of a lot of adventures, with disappointing finales. I'll be ok with that, at least I got an adventure out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment