Monday, August 10, 2009

45-Moncton, NB, 46- Nice cup, 47- Hooterific, 48- Halifax

Whoa I'm backed up. With my blog that is.

Thursday I went to Moncton so Tom Selleck could join 87 thousand other concert goers for what would be a concert of a lifetime... apparently. I did not enjoy hearing Thunderstruck nor did I see random women flashing their bitties during Shook me All Night Long at the AC/DC concert because I would rather not. I did hang out in the hub city and had many a laughs with my 3" x 2" handmade AC/DC sign that I put in the car window so passersby could smile and thumbs up about how cool this concert was going to be. I did visit my sister and her nice new house that is quickly becoming a home.

Back to the Harbour for Friday's festivities (along with the 87 thousand who were also in NB) that included a Stanley Cup parade with Sidney Crosby waving to the people who helped raise him.

*Sorry for the distance, it was so fast I did not have time to zoom, especially since I was taking photos with two cameras. But that is him... and that is his cup.


I live in a city that has a Hooters. I have never been to Hooters before. It has been the butt (pun intended) of many jokes, but I have never ventured in for a meal/band/show/anything. My nephew, sisters and mother were in town for a baseball tournament and with an 11 year old and his friend in town, Hooters seemed like a dream come true for them. It wasn't for everyone. It was honestly the worst meal ever. I try very hard to not complain about food when I eat in restaurants because I know I couldn't cook any better, plus I'm over paying and want to find the good in everything. I also get irritated with people who sit and complain between mouthfuls how awful it is... and I think "Really if it is that awful, please stop stuffing it into your face." Anyway regardless it was good for some laughs. Be warned though, they do seek out the only of age male without a wedding ring to lay on the personality strong with... their attempt to beg for a tip?!?

*Although I have a picture from the Hooters experience, there are too many innocent faces I would feel the need to protect so instead a different picture from Saturday- Molly's application photo to work at Hooters.


Sunday we attempted to get (Swine Flu) a glimpse at the Buskers on the waterfront. It was a losing attempt on the Busker front... the Swine Flu is a distinct possibility. The best view was up. It was a gorgeous day, ALMOST Fall like. Which has it's pros and cons. Pro- frig I love Fall. Con- It's only August.

6 comments:

  1. I have been to Hooters twice, the first time the food was good and it was great for some laughs, but the second time it SUCKED and the service was horrendous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was gross. I mean the restaurant itself was clean and I figured it was because nobody ever went there. I could not believe the food. SOOOOOO disgusting and SOOOOOO expensive. Are you interested in Julie and Julia?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back and forth on it, at first I thought it looked stupid, but I keep hearing it's awesome. It's playing at the Oxford this week I believe and probably other places too. Let me know if you want a date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know what? I haven't been in a hooters ever! but I want to check it out sometime though!

    *loves*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy- Sure we could venture for a date- we'll talk when I try on shoes tonight :P

    Toothfairy- You aren't missing a whole lot!! It's something you have to see for yourself though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People around here swear by Hooters. I've never been and the thought of going disturbs me lol

    ReplyDelete