Sunday, August 23, 2009

62- Hurricane

It's windy. A lot of rain. But this is nothing compared to Hurricane Juan from 6 years ago. During Hurricane Juan, we lived beside the Bedford Basin. Firefighters told us to evacuate our apartment (we didn't). We were without power for 4 days. I missed a week of university. Today, Hurricane Bill is really just getting the grass wet. Blowing my sunflowers over and giving me an excuse to stay on the couch.

Earlier (before the high tide and worst of the wind) Mr. Baseball and I went for a cruise out to Lawrencetown beach to check out the waves. We were not expecting the traffic jam along the coast, but we braved the rain and got out for a closer look. It was beyond words. I cannot describe how amazing the waves were. I would have stood there for hours just staring. However after a maximum of 2 minutes, I was soaked to my underwear and decided to call it a day since it was only going to get worst.
Add ImageAgain the photos do not do it justice, but this was a gorgeous sight to see. I think Bill is on the way out and we managed to get through without too much damage. I still have power- so that is a perk.

No comments:

Post a Comment