Sunday, August 2, 2009

39- Out my window, 40- Sounds of Summer



I own a tree. It's strange when you think of it, I never felt I would be old enough or mature enough to own anything other than Hanson posters and CD's. But here I am, 27 years old with a house and a tree, a beautiful tree.


I have posted photos of places in Nova Scotia already this summer. Last night we headed out to the beach with broken camera in tow. Since the sun has decided to make a blazing appearance the last couple of days, it has finally felt like the season it should, and weather that hot means beach. It also means beach for HUNDREDS of other people, even at 8 o'clock at night. Tom Selleck does not love crowds, so we just continued driving and witnessed one of the most gorgeous sunsets in the world.
Pardon the poor quality, don't get me started on my camera. But this is why I am happy to be living here. The last sunset this amazing that I photographed was when I was in Jamaica. As we stood and looked out over the calm of the harbour, all we could hear was the pounding of the waves nearby. I've covered how summer looks, feels, tastes, and this is the sound of summer. Waves crashing, and nothing else. I could sit and listen all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment