Wednesday, August 19, 2009

55-Back to work, back to reality, 56- Heat wave, 57- Routine, 58- Heart of a home


I went back to work after 7 weeks off on Monday. It was rough. 7 weeks gets me into a routine of sleeping in (anything after 7:30 is fantastic), relaxing, watching the Wonder Years, doing Jillian Michaels/running/etc. when not already exhausted from various physical activities I did at work, cleaning the house consistently rather than sporadically, baking when I wanted, cooking suppers (not bread with hummus, or a bowl of cereal). Now I have to make myself be in the habit of getting up super early, going nonstop, forgetting to watch the later night edition of the Wonder Years, dreading getting off my ass to do anything physical after working all day, letting the sink fill with dishes and the cat hair fly across the floor, no baked treats for anyone, and eating cereal for supper. It was a pot luck brunch, I made a peach french toast bake. No one ate it.

The weekend before I went back to work summer decided to make an appearance. She blessed my non air conditioned workplace with 40 degree weather and no breeze. Nighttime cooled down to a whopping 26.2 degrees inside (on the main level- 29.5 upstairs). While painting, moving furniture and meeting inside what a welcome this heat is.


I want to tell you how much I love routine. I like to have a schedule, structure. I like to know what to expect and when to expect it. I LOVE surprises, only if they are fun like presents. I don't love being told two minutes before that I will be doing a 20 minute presentation on roast beef to a group of cattle farmers. My mornings (summer and weekends) are amazing and there is no need to change (why do I have to work?). Coffee, newspaper, bagel, blogging, some morning show(s), reading about Big Brother, cleaning up after myself and starting the day. Mornings will now consist of me complaining about getting up, paying for coffee, rushing out the door, rushing through a shower, ignoring the newspaper, neglecting blog, and thinking constantly about the day ahead.

If the heart of a home is the kitchen, the heart of the kitchen would be the refrigerator. I love to junk mine up. It works as a conversation piece. People who may be awkward at a gathering has something to point to and talk about. I like to display photos of family and vacations, calendars, invites, ads or comics that stand out, drawings from children at work, to do lists, and anything else I choose to look at, at least for a little while. What's your preference? Cluttered mess like mine? Or a cold box for food, no decorations?


New camera has been ordered. I hope to stun you all with amazing photos taken with my new Canon EOS Rebel XS digital SLR. I am super pumped. I am so spoiled it is unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment