Thursday, July 30, 2009

37- Shit I love Subway, 38- Mr. Clean with Febreze



I worked at Subway for a year. I actually loved my job. Most days I worked until midnight. Closed the store, dealt with the annoying drunks with the munchies. Some days I would open, get up and be to work by 7:30 to smell the rotting stench of proofing bread. That delicious baking bread smell that hits you when you so much as walk by a Subway restaurant? Not always pleasant. I would leave work smelling like rising yeast and onions. We would stand clear and not inhale when opening a new package of sliced turkey meat (one word for the smell that would escape. Farts. Turkey farts.). I ate Subway sandwiches (usually the same one) twice daily for a year of my life and still to this day, I get excited for Subway. I went through withdrawal when I no longer ate lunch and supper there. I squeal, and ask6" REALLY?!?! when someone suggests Subway as the choice of meal. It really means that much to me.


Before I worked at Subway I use to get a veggie round with cheese, mayo, lettuce, pickles and olives. While I worked at Subway I use to eat a caesar chicken wrap with chicken pieces, mayo, caesar, lettuce, tomato cut up, and cheese. When I worked at the Subway in Sackville over Christmas, I would get the 6" turkey breast on white bread with cheese, mayo, lettuce, and tomato cut up, and heated for approx. 25 seconds. Now that I no longer work at Subway I order the 6" roast chicken on honey oat with lettuce, tomato, olives, cheese and honey mustard. My job title was Sandwich Artist. There is an art to Subway, and it is a beautiful thing. (PS see my delicious sub sneaking around the new Baked Lays I tried that burned my tongue but had a delicious ranch taste to them? That roast chicken sure is sneaky. Snuck right into my gut).


My camera is on the fritz, as I have said before. WELL tonight as I contemplated throwing it in the garbage, I noticed it has ANOTHER battery. Not just the double A's I put in it periodically but there is a side drawer with a watch battery in it. Hmmm... maybe that is the battery it continues to tell me to change. We will try and see. I did have my heart set on a new digital SLR Canon, but that can wait a little while if this puppy is fixable. Today I cleaned. Yesterday I shopped and had Subway. Today I cleaned and glared at the rain. Me and Mr. Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment