Sunday, July 5, 2009

13- Taste of Summer

It was only a matter of time before I share the ultimate summer treat. The past two summers have been spent scouring for a Farmer's ice cream stand (rather than the competition Scotsburn who by the way does NOT have a Birthday Party flavor). Farmer's only graced us with their tantalizing treat during the summer months, during ice cream stand hours. How excited was I when I stumbled upon a 1 Litre container available for my anytime pleasure at the Superstore near my house?! Finally I would not be limited by the Farmer's stands and hours.

This ice cream has managed to capture all aspects of my childhood birthday parties. Ribbons of cream cheese, chunks of pound cake, vanilla ice cream and of course jimmies (or sprinkles- depending on who you ask). It tastes like a paper plate with vanilla homemade 'mom' cake, with vanilla icing and jimmies, made soupy with melting vanilla ice cream being scarfed down between present opening, pinning something to something else, and running and screaming like a lunatic.
I have been told by a head shaking roommate, as I savor spoonfuls straight from the container, that I look like the girl on the container. "But it's a child," I responded. To which he said "Exactly". I think that may have been a stab at my maturing. Be warned, eating Birthday Party ice cream, will bring out the child in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment