Thursday, July 9, 2009

16- 'Sun'flower, 17- Wax on, wax off



This flower in a bag was given to me as a birthday gift in April. I planted the seeds sometime in May and low and behold, a huge stalk of sunflower goodness has grown in almost 2 months. I leave the plant in my window sill and remember to water it (miraculously) every few days.


I'm excited for the plant to bloom, I enjoy flowers, I just tend to kill them. Thank you, Amy for the lovely birthday gift. Definitely a gift that keeps on giving!


Through the beginning of this week I was on a hardcore cleaning marathon. Scrubbing and scouring, throwing stuff away because face it, I will never need it if I haven't needed it in the year I've lived here. Now that the sun is out, it's the outside that needs the makeover.



Last year when we moved in, it was all about the inside. Painting, organizing, still getting settled. This year, it's moved outside. We are building a deck sometime this summer/fall, I would love to replace the fence and shed because they are old and falling apart. But apparently home renovations cost money, so we will be repainting and repairing, instead of replacing. Today I got started on scraping the fence. I now know how Ralph Macchio felt when Mr. Miyagi tortured him with the 'paint the fence" BS. What is in the picture is only half of it... I did what you see today, what you don't see, will be done another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment