Wednesday, July 15, 2009

22-Summer Strawberries

I had strawberries in the fridge from the latest batch of Fruit Salsa and I decided I would bake something incredibly tasty to be the best housewife that summer makes me be. To aid in this adventure I turned to the housewife of all housewives, Martha Stewart.


Her website had a recipe for Sprinkles' Strawberry Cupcakes (Sprinkles being a cupcake bakery in Beverly Hills I do believe that I have never been to but it sounds delightful!). The cupcakes were relatively easy to make and turned out surprisingly well. I'm still working on an amazing butter cream icing recipe, this one would have been a lot better, had I not doubled the amount of strawberry puree and halved the butter and icing sugar amounts.

I'd like to say come for a summer visit and enjoy a coffee and a cupcake. However, as most baked goods in this house, they didn't last very long!

No comments:

Post a Comment