Saturday, July 25, 2009

30-sweet dreams, 31- the end of summer, 32- Cape Breton



Susie's Shortbreads. Dresden Row, Halifax, Nova Scotia. I could be their publicist, promoter, salesperson extraordinaire, because these little sweets are by far the best treat to give yourself. I have nothing else to say but if you can, go, you deserve a treat. ** The above flavor is 'Key Lime Pie' very tart lime icing, vanilla cupcake, graham cracker crumbs on top. I have had a variety of flavors, as have friends of mine, and no one, has said one is bad. My favorite- 'Red Velvet'. My goal for the summer- to test 'Blueberry Pancake', I have never been able to catch it while it's there.



While playing tennis the other night, I went to get the ball and saw these sneaky little guys poking up on the other side of the fence. I love blueberries. I love the smell of blueberry fields, the look of their pretty red leaves covering the ground (Tom Selleck who grew up surrounded by blueberry fields, who worked in blueberry fields from age 5 on practically- has other feelings towards these delicious babies). By far my favorite fruit. HOWEVER, blueberries mean one thing. Summer is coming to a close. I know, Debbie Downer here to ruin your day. Late July/August and into September is prime harvesting time. The fact that we are into this time already frightens me. Back to work, back to school, good-bye beach days. This year it is feeling a little more depressing because summer, has felt more like fall and I'm not afraid to call it like I see it. Mother Nature- you robbed us.





This weekend I am in Cape Breton for the first time in my life. I will admit I have made many hilarious jokes at Caper friends' expense. Pretty harsh, don't you think considering I have never been to their place of origin? I have taken note of a few things and will comment accordingly, but as of right now I will leave you with the wonderful welcome I received upon arrival, even after all the one-liners against her, Cape Breton still wanted me to 'Explore our Scenic Travelways", that was nice of her.






2 comments:

  1. I hope you are having a great trip to Cape Breton... tell Rita I said hello! :) Also, the mint chocolate cupcake is the best! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at the line about making jokes at Caper's expense...hope you're having a good trip! Susie had pride cupcakes yesterday, ahahahahahhaa...I didn't have one. The white chocolate raspberry however is deeeeeelish.

    ReplyDelete